With an Inspection Aid special purpose building and timber pest inspection, you have the opportunity to focus on a specific issue or defect within a property. You may have just discovered the problem, highlighted by us during a building and timber pest inspection or another inspection company.
This specific issue could have been developing over a period of time or perhaps you’re just not sure if it’s an issue at all.
Engaging Inspection Aid to perform a special purpose building and timber pest inspection to assess the situation can put your mind at rest.
Using specialized tools such as borescopes, thermal imaging cameras and moisture meters Inspection Aid inspectors can focus on a specific issue and give you a better idea of the extent of the damage. They can also offer advice or recommendations as to how best to tackle the problems.
Please note our Inspection reports will often highlight the need for termite management, you can refer to our dedicated Pest Control division for more detailed information on termites and other timber pests.http://www.pestaid.com.au
Inspection Aid can carry out inspections for a number of special purposes, for example:
- Cracking or movement in walls, floors and ceilings.
- Active termites.
- Termite damage and workings.
- Structural problems and defective frame installations.
- Subsidence and floors out of level.
- Noticeable gaps appearing in cornices, skirting boards, around windows etc.
- Dampness issues.
- Noticeable water marks in ceilings.
- Leaking problems from roofs, gutters, balconies or in bathrooms.
- Insulation issues.
- Asbestos issues.
- Defective application of building materials.
- Poor workmanship and non-compliance with building standards.
Our special purpose building report outlines the type and extent of the defect, and is supported by photographic evidence. We also provide recommendations on an appropriate course of action to rectify the issues.
If overlooked by an untrained eye, these defects and issues could result in costly damage in the months ahead.